The shape of your narrative
Sound quality is critical when you have an audio-only platform. From signature intro music to eliminating background noise, we’ll make your podcast pop. We can also help record your narrative and interviews and suggest tools and techniques for improving your process.
Scripted Podcast Productions
People love stories. And many people get the stories they love by listening to audiobooks and podcasts.
While a majority of podcasts are non-fiction or educational in nature, there are also a lot of fictional stories produced in different genres from comedy to science fiction. They are not only fun to listen to, they are fun to produce!
If you have a story you want to tell, or a script that needs to be produced we’ll team up with you to bring your words to life.
News & Interview Shows
Podcasting has completely changed the way people consume news and information and we help our clients deliver topics of interest to their audience.
Whether you are an independent documentarian looking to tie-in with your latest film, or an expert in any area, we’re here to help you record, produce, edit, book guests and make your podcast available for your audience to listen to.
Television Network Reversions
If you have been tasked with turning your network’s shows into podcasts you’ve come to the right place! Since we started out creating television mixes and international reversions for network and cable TV, it was a natural progression for us to move into taking those same projects and turning them into podcasts.
Working from the stems of your shows we will reversion them with new music and enhanced sound design. Then we make sure they are in podcast spec, which is different from broadcast spec. We’ve done 100’s of these for multiple networks. Let’s talk about your project!
Podcast Production Packages
LEVEL 1: $750
Podcast Consulting Package
For Getting Started & DIY
Who it's for
This package is for you if you’re just getting started or you’ve been winging it on your own & it’s time to polish up your approach. You’ll get some guidance on getting the proper equipment & software and improving your sound quality.
- One hour consultation meeting
- Recommend gear to purchase
- Recommend recording and editing software based on your needs and experience level
- Provide a process checklist for producing a podcast
- One hour session to assist in setting up gear and getting proper sound and levels
- Review your first episode and give recommendations for improving sound quality
LEVEL 2: $1,800
Podcast Recording & Mix Package
For the Busy Podcaster who doesn’t have time to do it all
Who it's for
This package is for you if you’ve got some momentum on your podcast and you need a team member to provide sound expertise and handle some of the technical aspects of producing your show.
All of level 1 plus…
- One-hour session to review mixing and editing techniques and work with you during the first session
- Create open and close music and sound design
- 1 hour of follow-up questions and consultation
- Optional Voiceover Intro and Outro (additional $250)
- Subsequent episodes produced for you (additional fee per episode starting at $800, based on your content and style)
LEVEL 3: $8000+
Full Season Podcast Production Package
For Producing a Full Season
Who it's for
This package is for the Podcaster with a full season of material. You’re ready to produce it and would like to partner with an experienced production studio.
- Create intro, open, close, bumpers, music, sound effects, and VO
- Remotely record guests, hosts, and interviews — includes 2 x 1 hr sessions per episode
- Produce full 10-episode season mixed and uploaded to your podcast host of approximately 30 mins each
- Includes 1 year of podcast hosting at no additional charge
- 2 rounds of notes included (1st mix, 2nd mix, final mix)
- Transcription included
- Upload to host upon approval
- Music selection and sound design options reviewed and selected prior to initial production session
- Optional live studio space available for clients in Washington, DC, New York City, Chicago, Atlanta, Nashville and Los Angeles at an additional cost of $300/hr. Other cities available at varying rates as needed.
- Optional Video Podcasting production (Additional $200 – $400 per episode based on video style)
“Steve was a joy to work with, not only because he is knowledgeable and skilled, but also because he brings a positive perspective and unique ability to find solutions. He was willing to jump in when needed, finding time to record, edit, and mix audio while providing brilliant pitches for future episodes.”
— Natyna Bean, Producer, Our Body Politic Podcast and Radio show.
“Steve Lack is a first-rate producer, tech wiz, and human being. He jumps in wherever needed, brings zero drama with a never say die attitude, and no one is more reliable.”
—Bianca Martin, Host, City Cast Madison Podcast
“Steve possesses a pro-active and curious nature. He always brings new ideas into discussions about our work. His willingness to go above and beyond the call was ever on display.”
— Andy Peterson, No Trend Media
“The speed at which Steve can switch gears almost makes it seem like he can read the producer’s mind.”
—Algerson Vincent, Discovery Channel
“Steve is a great team player and collaborator as well as being very detail- and deadline-oriented.”
—Robert Fahringer, Director of Post Production
“I love working with Steve. He’s extremely passionate about providing excellent service and giving you what YOU want. He respectfully makes very well-educated suggestions, but always will go out of his way to make sure you’re happy.”
—Dallas Taylor, Defacto Sound
“When it comes to Audio, you won’t find a more passionate, creative and dedicated professional than Steve Lack.”
—Steve Traversa, Senior Editor and Motion Graphics
“Beyond being a great mixer and audio designer, Steve is a great resource in regards to what is new and fresh in audio. He not only keeps an eye on the industry, he is one of the movers and shakers in the industry.”
—Renard T. Jenkins, SVP Warner Media
“Steve is a true professional in the suite. He has a fantastic ear and a great sense of audio balance to bring all the elements together. His technical skills are right on the mark, and his client skills are the best!”
— Paul Markey, Voice Talent
“Easygoing, friendly, and calm and confident during those stressful moments that are inevitable in audio post; Steve handles each situation in a way only possible by a true pro.”